Proper planning will minimize expenses resulting from unforeseen construction requirements. Good planning provides opportunities to maximize/integrate environmentally favorable characteristics into the property. This often requires the involvement of experts in a number of fields.
Best Management Practices
- Assemble a qualified team, with all the necessary experts represented.
- Determine objectives and complete a feasibility study (considering finances, environment, water, energy, labor, materials, and governmental regulatory requirements/restrictions).
- Select an appropriate site that is capable of achieving project goals.
- Identify strengths and weakness of the selected site.
- Identify any rare, protected, endangered, or threatened plant or animal species on the site.